June 1, 2020, Sidney, NE – Agri-Plastics, the Calf Housing Specialists, have been making calf hutches since 1995. The first product the VanBuuren family developed was an outdoor hutch made for one calf. Over the years, Agri-Plastics created a variety of outdoor hutches and expanded its product offering to include a variation that works for indoor barn operations. Introducing the Ultra Flex-Pen: a versatile indoor pen system for individual or grouped calves.
The Importance of Stressless Transitions
This versatile housing system was developed so that single pens could convert to a group pen simply by detaching a side panel. This innovative, stand-alone solution allowed calves to be housed individually, then grouped when health permits. By keeping stress levels down, calves have a better chance to grow strong and healthy. They also learn how to socialize within smaller groups. Therefore, it helps ease the transition into a larger herd.
Evolving the Flex-Pen to the next level
Pens need to be durable and strong, but also lightweight so they are easy to move. So Agri-Plastics developed the next generation of indoor transition pens – The Ultra FlexPen. A new compression molding process keeps the panels lightweight. Smooth surfaces and curved edges make it easy to clean. Ventilation is also very important, so a large rear rotary vent helps control airflow.
The new Ultra Flex-Pen features include:
- Ultra lightweight for easy setup and cleaning without jeopardizing durability
- Self-aligning panels use EZ-Glide Connection Tabs and Hinges for easy and quick setup
- Ultra bio-secure
- Ultra rear rotary venting has no steel wire to rust, fully adjustable air flow control, and no separate parts to lose or store
- Optional Integrated sliding side panel vents for additional air control from side to side
- Individual penning used to maximize pens per room size
- Individual pens interlock together for a clean line of calf spaces
- Center panels can be removed to create a group penning option
- Ultra pen access with a bi-swing front door for maximum flexibility
- Large egronomically-designed door handle
- Ultra tough, non-metal door frame made with a structural compression molding process
- Ultra Flex-Pen panels available in a 5’, 6’, and 7’ lengths to fit any size barn operation and allows for optimum calf space
- 10-year Warranty – One of the best warranties in the business
The Ultra Flex-Pen – a versatile indoor pen system for individual or grouped calves. For more information or to find your nearest dealer, go to calfhutch.com/products/new-ultra-flex-pen, call 1-888-231-3575 or 1-308-254-1137, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agri-Plastics – the leader in Calf Housing Innovations and Solutions.